Wednesday 21 October 2009

My completed head

After a little work with the material editor, I have finished my head. Notably, two major features are missing from my final model. The most noticeable one is the lack of any smoothing modifier. This is because I received undesirable effects when using Turbo Smooth, or even a Mesh Smooth. The reasons behind this I believe are because the head still has triangles and/or because it contains quadrants with vertex's that are not in the correct position. As I had previosuly attempted to fix this problem, and have once again attempted to, I have no longer got the time to repair or replace the features that are wrong.
I have also added some eyes and a basic lip to the head, as neither of these were mentioned (to my knowledge) in the tutorial.
The materials I applied are a texture for the eyes made in photoshop, and for the skin I have applied a basic Oren-Nayer-Blinn with a flesh colour to the face, which gives the basic impression of skin. I additionally used the same filter but with a more reddish tint to create the lips.
My face appears in the screenshots below, and as described by several people looks like "michael myers" from the Halloween films. As you will also see from when I rendered it, new problems appear which are not visible before rendering, and the face has a very rectangular shape.

I will review my learning process, the tutorial and my final product in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment